If you are interested in applying for a concealment permit, please read the following guidelines and procedures:
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must be a Venango County resident. If you are a non-resident of PA, you must have a valid License to Carry from the state you reside in before you can apply.
- You must fill out the Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms (PDF) in its entirety with current and accurate information.
- Your picture is mandatory on the License to Carry. The Sheriff’s Office will take your picture with a webcam for no additional charge
- Your driver’s license or photo ID must reflect your current address. If this is not the case, your application will not be accepted until you notify the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and obtain a change of address card / new license.
- The cost of the License to Carry is $20.00. We only accept CASH, CHECK (made payable to "Venango County Sheriff")or MONEY ORDER. NO debit or credit cards are accepted.
If any of the above requirements are not completed, the application will be returned to you.
License to carry applications are only processed IN PERSON Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please present yourself at the Sheriff's Office located on the 1st floor of the Courthouse along with your completed application, ID and payment.
Note: Processing of this application may take up to 45 days and may require an interview with a Deputy Sheriff, which will also include a basic background investigation.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Venango County Sheriff’s Office at 814-432-9565.